Wednesday 11 April 2012

New Personal Best

Cemaes Bay to Wilmslow, 65.7mpg. A new PB by 0.1 mpg.
This included a stop to feed the birds at Cemlyn Bay, and at McDs for refreshments.

A fine week in Anglesey, with great company. The weather was a bit pish, but hey-ho, that's the north west of the country for you. 

Often the weather is changeable, so if dreich day can end up being very nice indeed. I always get suckered into thinking that a nice day is ALWAYS going to end up providing a beautiful sunset. What I see on many occasions is the sun dropping out of a cloudless sky into a large bank of cloud looming on the western horizon.

I went to try and capture a nice Anglesey sunset yesterday, and on the way stopped for a couple of "grab shots". First of a standing stone, which I contrasted with Wylfa Head power station out on the coast.



Stopping at the roadside usually frightens off any animal life....not in this case





I liked the backlit sheep against the ruined windmill, but didn't have the time to find a particularly good composition. 

When I arrived at Church Bay, I could see that although there was cloud about, the horizon was relatively clear. The downside was that the only part of the horizon with a problem - for me - was the rain shower that looked like the sun was headed for.

This time I was lucky. The rain must have moved to the left as the sun dropped to the right which provided me with a decent image to end the week with.


Disappointing that the sun didn't light up the underneath of the clouds and reflect in the pool I'd identified in my recce as a decent spot, but nice to see the sunlight pick up the rock and the nearside bank of the tide pool.

I love being out at the end and start of the day, and every so often you see something beautiful. Something even a hamfisted amateur like me can capture.


3 comments:

  1. first! (I've always wanted to that).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Personal Best is a little bit Alan Partridge. Did you investigate any BP forecourts? And was it the Passat? London is going into a Renault Twizy frenzy. A car designed for city use that will keep us all in the city due to its range.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skoda Superb 1.9

    Twizy? Sounds like some of the Scrabble boards I get on FB :0)

    ReplyDelete